What do you wear under a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on the water temperature.
From simple speedo (tropical water) to rash guard or 3mm neoprene short sleeve rash guard.

Sometime I add technical short pants over the suit to have pockets - they also add a small contribute to thickness...

We offer three different options for men. The board shorts are really not a good choice for wearing under a wetsuit, because the legs tend to roll up and bunch up under the wetsuit. Many divers will wear them over a tighter "speedo" or "jammer" type suit and then just remove them when actually getting suited up.

Board Shorts

MBS-2T.jpg

We offer two "under the wetsuit" options for divers:

Under Wetsuit Jammers

MUWJ-2T.jpg

Under Wetsuit Briefs | MAKO Spearguns

MUWB-2T.jpg

I wear my jammer bathing suits. Much more comfortable!

Hair conditioner works pretty well too....
Hair conditioner usually contains silicone polymers and/or siloxanes. Those aren't biodegradable. And as a general rule, the cheaper the conditioner, the more silicone compounds you'll find in it.

I find it more than a little ironic that the freediver community - who on average are a lot more "green" and "natural" than the average scuba diver often uses cheap hair conditioner to lubricate their open-cell wetsuits to be able to don them without an inordinate amount of hassle.

To get back to topic, I prefer square cut Speedos - boxer brief style - or jammers under my wetsuit. Less hassle trying to stay decent while doffing the suit on the boat that way than if I go commando. A banana hammock type Speedo is out of the question. I'm middle-aged and a little on the chubby side. That's not a particularly pretty sight, and a budgie smuggler doesn't exactly make it better...

A banana hammock type Speedo is out of the question.

And I thought you Europeans were more forgiving and carefree than us stuck up Americans always trying to look good at the beach.

Didnt the Germans outlaw swimsuits under wetsuits on their dive boats? :wink:

And I thought you Europeans were more forgiving and carefree than us stuck up Americans always trying to look good at the beach.
We are. There are, however, limits for some of us. I really understand if the rest of the world doesn't quite appreciate the sight of me in the buff or wearing a banana hammock.

I think I need some brain bleach. :D

I think I need some brain bleach. :D
Be grateful you haven't seen me in my well-worn bicycle shorts.

You're welcome. The brain bleach is on me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom