What do you need from your diving travel agent !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manogr

Reaction score
Hello all...

I work in a family owned travel agency and tour operator, one of the biggest in Greece.

Many of our products especially in the outgoing tourism department (that I am the manager of) are very good for divers (Maldives, Caribbean, Thailand, Indonesia etc etc) and actually we have many clients that go for diving in our destinations.

Now I want to create a specialized diving department with close contacts with the diving community, diving schools & clubs, advertisements in specialized magazines etc etc

This is where I need your input ! Since we are a customer oriented organization in every area I want your opinions about what do you find important in your specialized diving travel agent. What do you expect from your specialized travel agency ? what do you value and what are your service expectations? How and why do you choose an agent or another ? etc etc etc

I want replies from professionals of course (Natasha :wink: but most of all I want the opinions of the divers that are not in the travel industry and do not know our problems or difficulties. They pay and they want service and we must keep them happy !

Waiting for your opinions,

Manogr

Manogr:
Thanks for thinking of me. I would like to hear the imput of divers on the board too.
I am also eager to learn and improve.
The few things that have worked for me in the past.

#1 Always be honest with what you know, and don't know. If you don't have the answer, be net worked enough to be able to get the answer.
#2 Know as many good instructors, instructor trainers, dive shop owners, resort reps, and equipment reps, as you can, for the answers.
# Specialize in the trips you offer, if you offer group trips.
#4 Don't over-do it! You can't be everywhere, so don't take on more then you can oversee.
#5 Always be honest with what you know, and don't know! {This is very important, can you tell?}

Hope that helped!

Back
Top Bottom