What do you look for in a dive center?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good people - Everything else comes naturally after that!

The most important thing I look for at dive shops is knowledgable, respectful, well trained sales staff.

staff who loves to dive themself.

Thanks guys, those are great points. I guess what I'm looking for though, are physical things. What would the pool be like, what would the layout of the store include, etc.

It is about the staff first. Amenities can make a difference but pale if the staff has a bad or dismissive attitude just as any shop accessory missing can be compensated by a friendly and caring staff.

That said, your hard features I'd like.
Compressor
The ability to do tank hydros, maintenance and inspections.
Nitrox
Access to a diving pool, nearby or onsite.
Air conditioned fitting rooms.
A wide variety of inventory.
An active dive club.

I work in a shop here in Orlando. I'm the new guy, only diving since May. I know our products well, and have taken the time to learn about other brands. I like to call our shop "Dive-Mart" cause it's a corporate beast, but the people that work there are anything but. Being a big shop gives us the ability to supply the good brands and not sell junk (though I think the aqualung slingshots are a lot of hype lol) But again, being a big shop with several locations gives them the ability to invest in their employees so don't hate 'em. I know when questions are out of my league and luckily I work with people that have been around the scene forever.

I look for shops who aren't afraid to send you around the corner for what you've been looking for instead of talking you into settling for the products they carry.

Oh and sabbath999, we have a great selection of tank bangers. :rofl3:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom