What do YOU do to prepare for a hurricane?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver are you married? I think I am in love! A man who is prepared to take care of himself and has a plan! You are my kind of guy.

Around these parts we get ice storms that take out the power in winter. I have gas logs and several kerosene heaters along with several 5 gallon cans of fuel. Even at the mention of a storm, I bring them in and fire them up to test them out. I also keep battery lanterns, battery fans--helps the heaters more evenly heat my house. But every time we have a power outage--every year or two often for a week or more people start whining. It gets old. I can go to Wally World, Home Depot or Lowes and buy all the supplies I need any given day of the week before bad weather comes. It isn't like we don't know what problem is likely to hit our area.

Kudos to you for taking care of yourself. Our country used to be made up of people like that. Now they are getting few and far between.

I also carry flood insurance on my house even though it is not required. I feel that the couple hundred it costs me is a donation to others who have thought ahead and are trying to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom