what do u think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drew1

Registered
Reaction score
i am thinking of purchasing an abyss 2005 mr22 regulator from mares. what do u think about it. i live in NJ so i need something that can handlle cold conditions and deep depths. i would also like something that i could use nitrox with. do u think this reg would be good for me.

thanks,
Drew

The abyss is their top of the line reg. I don't think that I have heard of anyone who doesn't like it. The only problem I can think of is that Mares still uses the old school silicone oil environmental seal. But otherwise, it breathes great and does it with no knobs or dials. If the price is right and you can have it serviced easily, go for it.

I have the Proton Ice, with the V32 first stage. It's been rock solid below 100 ft in water around 40 degrees...

YMMV...

Alex

rescue divger,
what is "the old school silicone oil environmental seal."
i dont really no what that is, can u explain?

thanks,
drew

i used my mares v16 proton for nitrox, if that was okay, i'm assuming your abyss would be fine, as long as it's below 40%

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom