what do u think about the aqua lung legend supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drew1

Registered
Reaction score
hey,
i just got my aow cert and i was looking to purchase some equiptment. I live in New Jersey so the water is cold and deep. i was wondering what u think about the aqualung lengend supreme and how much it costs.

thanks a lot,
drew

Personally I think it is the best regulator ever made on the whole planet and nothing else could possibly even try to come close. OK, wait, I own one so that statement might be sort of biased.

I have the Legend LX Supreme with an Apeks Egress Octo and love the setup. It has proven to be an easy breather throught the recreational limits. I have noticed that it will occasionally breath a little wet but that is only while I am inverted and it has never been anything I have worried about. It has never freeflowed or frozen on me down to 44F (but I do have the supreme version). Although there are many great regs on the market, I have been hard pressed to find anyone who had bad things to say about the US Divers/Aqualung line. You may want to do a price comparison with the Apeks line as these are some great regs as well. Aqualung is now the parent company of Apeks and has added some of the features of the Apeks line into their regs. AFAIK, Aqualung has a long history of supporting their equipment for years and years with parts availibility, I believe this is due to the fact that the designs have actually changed very little over the years.

If you do a search of DAAQUAMASTER's posts he has over the years provided us with very detailed information on just about every reg configuration out there. He is extremely knowledgable and whatever few specific facts he hasn't been able to pop off the top of his head he has looked up and gotten back to the poster. I don't even know the guy but after reading his posts for a couple of years I think I trust his judgement and opinion as to regulators more than my LDS.

In summary, I like the reg. It may have cost a few bucks but if properly cared for, I may never have to buy another regulator. This post is all opinion but you asked for it.

Ken

i know a LDS owner that carries both Aqualung and Atomic ........ I onced asked him which did he liked best ........ simple question since he owns a shop he can dive with anything ...... he chose the Atomic M1 over the Aqualung Legend because for him it just breathed better. I have just ordered 2 Mares Abyss thru the Mares/Dacor program. If you can check out the June 2005 issue of Scuba Magazine they rate the top regulators on the market.

The Legend LX has been fine for me. I don't dive cold enough to justify the supreme. Perfectly even resistance from 0 to 110. Similar internals to the Apeks 200, and saves a bit of $$.

Drew1:
hey,
i just got my aow cert and i was looking to purchase some equiptment. I live in New Jersey so the water is cold and deep. i was wondering what u think about the aqualung lengend supreme and how much it costs.

thanks a lot,
drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom