what did you spend at the NEC this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zilch

Contributor
Reaction score
I will kick it off with 280 pounds for a suunto Stinger (cheaper than anything i could find on pricerunner) and the wife about 60 squids on T-shirts and a mesh bag..

So at a moderate 340 sterling, shall we start the bidding

Cheers

Jim

800ish far Far too bloody much! :D (thank god the gf won't read this)

Still the Oroburos looked tempting, had a nice long chat with the guys at DeltaP.

But 8K!!!!!!!! :(

About £250 on a pony/reg/clamp/spg/tubing.

Failed to find anyone selling latex seal dry gloves or a strap for my vyper.

Was it me or was the dive show seemingly poorly attended compared to other years and also less exhibitors (didnt see northern diver there for example).

I went on sunday and you could walk around with total ease due to lack of people and cover the distance in not a lot of time.

£10.95..........Book about diving around Kent

plus a YD T.shirt for me and a diving daisy T for Mrs Mares :11:

The rest of the cash went on Sourthern Comfort and Lager in the Crown Plaza with the YD mob :eyebrow: ..................And a great time was had by all :wink:

Whos going to start a thread about LIDS 2005 :D

Adrian Kelland:
Still the Oroburos looked tempting, had a nice long chat with the guys at DeltaP.

But 8K!!!!!!!! :(

Adrian, bit of a newbie, only qualified this year, for 8K do you get your own submersible
:wink: you will have to enlighten me about oroburos and deltaP.

Cheers

Jim

Paul Evans:
£10.95..........Book about diving around Kent

The rest of the cash went on Sourthern Comfort and Lager in the Crown Plaza :D

Paul, assume the bill was larger than my stinger then :wink: whereabouts in london are you from, i work on Prescott street for my sins, nice 1.5 hour journey everyday to sunny aldgate or aldgate east or tower hill.

Cheers

Jim

Try this for 8K, Adrian is right, very tempting :eyebrow: , They had them on display amazing piece of kit :eyebrow:

http://www.ccrb.co.uk/

And this is the DP site

http://www.vr3.co.uk/

I'am in SE London, work on the South Bank!!!

Why did'nt you hold on a bit and get a D9 :06:
They are stunning :D

Paul Evans:
Try this for 8K, Adrian is right, very tempting :eyebrow: , They had them on display amazing piece of kit :eyebrow: D

ah yes a rebreather. When we were in Hurghada in September, diving with Divepoint out of coral beach, two gents from London, One called Mike (he goes with divepoint at least 2 or 3 times a year), could not remember the last name was diving with a rebreather.. Did not realise they were so expensive :11: , but then again i am a novice at this game..

thanks for letting me know, looks like no bids past Adrians 800, not unless of course you cannot disclose your bar bill :wink:

Cheers

Jim

I walked away after spending a mere £385 ! Well - considering I wasn't suppose to be spending anything really, I guess I didn't do very well!

£70 on an IQ 3mm full wetsuit - brought from Deep Blue - £10 cheaper than on the IQ stand!
And then £315 for a Suunto Cobra QR & Compass! Quite a result as I was only planning on get the Cobra within compass as the compass cost an extra £50 but I think they gave me the wrong one! Can't complain. Especially as another stand quoted me over £400!

zilch:
ah yes a rebreather. When we were in Hurghada in September, diving with Divepoint out of coral beach, two gents from London, One called Mike (he goes with divepoint at least 2 or 3 times a year), could not remember the last name was diving with a rebreather.. Did not realise they were so expensive :11: , but then again i am a novice at this game..

thanks for letting me know, looks like no bids past Adrians 800, not unless of course you cannot disclose your bar bill :wink:

Cheers

Jim
Well a mate ordered and Evolution RB, so beats me by about £5500!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom