What depth gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VOL_Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So for a while I've been slowly coming over to the dark side. (when money is available.) Got a BP/W setup, working on long hoses right now, was thinking about the computer replacement next. Currently I've got a Suunto Cobra2 AI (w/hose) and was going to swap that out with a nice brass and glass SPG that will be properly clipped off to my left hip d-ring. Everything is great so far and I've never felt so comfortable while diving! :cool2:

However, removing the computer removes a number of functions, not just how much gas I'm carrying. I've got a compass, and the computer was never good at that anyway. Have a cheap G-Shock to take care of the whole bottom timer issue. But.... what about the depth gauge? Looking around online there are some of those bulky consoles that have one in them, but that's definitely not HOG! I did a couple searches on the board, but didn't really see any topics on this. If there's a previous thread that someone can point me to that would be great.

What does everyone use for a depth gauge? Is a wrist computer (sans transmitter) a viable solution?

- Rob

a wrist computer or just about any wrist mount depth gauge is fine. A lot of people use the uwatec digital one.

I use a Uwatec and am very satisfyed, depth gauge and botton timer toghether, plus water temperature, and very easy to see. I use a Suunto Mosquito as backup and dive data colector to download the dive profile to the computer. I chose the Mosquito because it is small, the size of a regular watch and cheap!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom