what causes yoyo motion while drysuit diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool! Still trilaminate, right? But do you find it really easier, or just more comfortable?

EDIT: I forgot to ask if in single or double tanks actually... with the latter, the amount of air needed in the drysuit is really a lot. I mostly know people diving doubles, which maybe explains why they prefer using the wing - maybe with a single tank it is easier, I really do not know :)
I find it easier for me and more comfortable.
I dive both trilam and neoprene, I dive both the same but it’s a lot easier in the neoprene. Single tank nowadays and once I’m comfortable with squeeze I’m in the zone with buoyancy so air in the wing would require more weight.

I find it easier for me and more comfortable.
I dive both trilam and neoprene, I dive both the same but it’s a lot easier in the neoprene. Single tank nowadays and once I’m comfortable with squeeze I’m in the zone with buoyancy so air in the wing would require more weight.

Thanks for the reply. If you are in the buoyancy zone once you are comfortable with the squeeze, then I understand.

For me (and all the people I have met so far), being comfortable with the squeeze is far from the buoyancy zone, so using the wing makes sense, although it can be a matter of personal preferences.

Thanks for the reply. If you are in the buoyancy zone once you are comfortable with the squeeze, then I understand.

For me (and all the people I have met so far), being comfortable with the squeeze is far from the buoyancy zone, so using the wing makes sense, although it can be a matter of personal preferences.
A good fit on the suit goes a long way with this too, custom fit for me as I’m not an off the rack size.

Every time I see one of those horizontal trim demo,s I think boy that looks unnatural and uncomfortable. Sort out your trim and buoyancy to suit yourself and forget about the fashion guru,s

A good fit on the suit goes a long way with this too, custom fit for me as I’m not an off the rack size.
True, but I'd say that a good fit is a must with drysuits in general, especially for trilaminate suits. The risk with a bad fit is to have some pockets of air at depth, which expand too much and too fast when coming up, making the situation difficult to manage.

However, I am not sure whether these issues are relevant to the question the OP asked (my fault here, I asked some details because I was curious, but I realized we are now a bit off-topic :) )

Every time I see one of those horizontal trim demo,s I think boy that looks unnatural and uncomfortable. Sort out your trim and buoyancy to suit yourself and forget about the fashion guru,s

True for most kinds of diving. Totally wrong for some specific diving applications (some overhead environments, deep diving, etc.).

True for most kinds of diving. Totally wrong for some specific diving applications (some overhead environments, deep diving, etc.).
Rubbish, I’ve dived them all and the only place that trim is useful for is putting on a show for divers that don’t know any better. The way to move through a wreck, crevice or around an obstruction is to bend and twist freely and be prepared to use your hands to make adjustments as needed.

Rubbish, I’ve dived them all and the only place that trim is useful for is putting on a show for divers that don’t know any better. The way to move through a wreck, crevice or around an obstruction is to bend and twist freely and be prepared to use your hands to make adjustments as needed.

I haven't mentioned wrecks, and crevices can be a lot of things.

Nice to see how you're ready to brand other people's experiences as rubbish because you've seen them all, you've dived any possible environment on this earth, and you were with me during all my dives.

I haven't mentioned wrecks, and crevices can be a lot of things.

Nice to see how you're ready to brand other people's experiences as rubbish because you've seen them all, you've dived any possible environment on this earth, and you were with me during all my dives.
I’m not the one putting forward the idea that you need to copy that silly video in order to gain buoyancy control or that it’s needed for deep diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom