what camera to get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Think about how much more it would cost you to fire the strobe, the S80 does not have a hotshoe like the semi-pro Canon G6. Underwater the G6 is the way to go.

Think about how much more it would cost you to fire the strobe, the S80 does not have a hotshoe like the semi-pro Canon G6.

I don't understand this statement. The 3 different strobes ID'd as being sold by B & H as possible "accessories" all sync with a fiber optic cord (and I know the SeaLife works because I've used it with my S80). Why would having a hot shoe linked strobe be less expensive?

ok so i am now looking at a Olympus SP350 and Ikelite 6132.35 Underwater TTL Housing and will get a strobe later will this be a good set up

Why not just get an Olympus housing? much cheaper and still pretty darn good

boondocksaint:
Ikelite housing 200ft Olympus housing 130ft
the ike housing is ttl-using a sync cord..no need for internal strobe use.much more durable housing.

boondocksaint:
ok so i am now looking at a Olympus SP350 and Ikelite 6132.35 Underwater TTL Housing and will get a strobe later will this be a good set up

You know that the Sp-350 has a housing made for it. It cost about 350.00

Back
Top Bottom