What brand of diaper for dry suit diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I just read the above statements and questions... I do not really see the problem of wearing diapers for diving ? I mean every 10th person in the US has to wear them because of some medical problem !
And if you wear them to avoid any problem then the better !

I wear them because I had two incidents with a blatter infection an one of them connectet to a kindney infection !
These happen after extended diving in realy cold water in Switzerland...

My doc gave me some advice to use a Condomecatheter connectet to a drainage bag... I did these and other things like P-valves.
Unfortunatly I had several incidents where the Condome didn't hold that well, maybe because of the low temps :)

After that I changed to diapers... IMO there is no better thing !
I don't have to attache something and play arround with some tubing every time I go diving. I simply but the diaper on back home and drive to the dive site and voilà....
If you use the right type of diaper, then you'll stay allmost as dry and clean as with a P-valve...

To answer the fisrt question that lead here, use a night type diaper. They are reinforced, e.g. more absorbese... and of corse of the propper size ! Avarage people use Medium size... there is always S-M-L-XL in different types of absorbens, Light - Medium or Day - Night.
In Europe you get them in any Pharmacie or in a lot of of SuperMarkets !
Well I know its a bit special to goe in a Pharmacie to ask for the right type of diapers,.... ! But wasn't ist the same way you had to buy your first pack of condoms too ?

Greats Marc

Hi Marc. I am new to this board. I know this is an old thread, but I hope this helps. I agree whole heartedly with your post. I happen to be on of those 1 in 10 people you were talking about. I have tried condom catheters, but for various reasons, they didn't work for me. I have gotten used to wearing diapers night and day, and have long since gotten over the fear and embarressment. I have found no one really cares if you do. Since you posted this, the quality and comfort of diapers have improved dramatically. Ironically, I am a wetsuit diver, so I can dive diaper free for a change (no pun intended). If ever I was to use a dry suit, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use a diaper. Thanks for the post. Take care.

Diaper brand is not important, but the gels they use are. Make sure it has a high absorption rate. Generally speaking adult diapers is one size should fit most. They are around $4 a "nappy"

Back
Top Bottom