What brand and name was the fins they used in the movie "The Guardian"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess ignorance is bliss. I dove nothing but rockets for years & always liked them. I bought Jets in 2004 & can't say That I've noticed a wonders & **** thunders of improved performance with them. I guess some day I should take both pairs out & try them under the same conditions with the same gear to see if I can actually tell anything different about them.

God knows how I made it through those hundreds of dives with such an inferior piece of crap, LOL.

Would be nice to know why excatly those navy Rescue swimmers use the Aqualung Rocket fins?

Honestly? It's that little oval hole. You tie a bit of fishing line to it, bait a hook on the end, and catch the limit as you tap, tap, tap your toes to the beat.

The new ones with the holes are Rocket II fins.

Pretty much the same, other than that, IIRC. Perhaps a smidge stiffer? I prefer Jets.

Oh, and... it's just a movie. Consider gear recommendations from other sources. ;-)

Brian.Bergh:
Would be nice to know why excatly those navy Rescue swimmers use the Aqualung Rocket fins?

When I was in, a lot of what was procured by the Navy in the way of basic dive gear was Aqualung. My Rockets came right off the shelf of the Navy supply system's ServMart...kind of like a Navy Walmart. When I got out, they never asked for them back. So...Viola! Free fins! Nobody ever bothered to tell me they sucked and I probably wouldn't have listened anyway. I've had mine a loooong time and only had to replace heel straps a few times before I finally went with spring straps. As far as I'm concerned, y'all can keep yer fancy schmancy split tail fins...I stand by my Rockets.

DSCF0217.jpg

Going clockwise, at 4:00 position is an older Mares Graphite Plana, next is the superb Nemrod Super A Professional, next is the infamous and fast Force Fin Pro, next is a vintage Voit Viking A66 and next is it's cousin the famous Voit Skin Diver, next is the original "chunk o'rubber" USD Rocket, next is the widely used Scuba Pro Jet Fin and last but far from the least, the legendary Voit UDT Super Frog Feet.

The Plana is comfortable, powerfull and fast, the Nermod Professional is fun and plenty powerful for scuba, the Force Fin is the fastest of the group, the Viking and Skin Diver are classic fin designs and the Viking A66 is plenty strong for scuba. The most powerful fin in the group is the UDT. Despite being more narrow than the Jet, it can do everything the Jet does and every kick the Jet can do except better. The Rocket is the slowest, most uncomfortable and has the least "feel". The only thing "Rocket" about it is the name!

I have owned all of these fins since new and used all of them extensively, they are only a portion of the fins I have owned and used, some going back to 1966. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom