What BC is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does it pay to make the upgrade on this unit, or are the newer versions so much better that a new BC would be smart money? I plan to dive here in Wisconsin, with an occasional vacation to Mexico. Is it even safe to dive with it if the elbow is a known failure point?

Last edited:
If it fits properly its worth it as a new unit is $500 plus.

Wow I bought my ranger in 95-96. Still going strong. What is the elbo I should look out for thnx?

The early rigs had a 90 degree plastic pipe elbow coming out of the bladder on top of the left shoulder. This elbo is ultrasonically welded into the bladder, and the neck of the elbo passes through a stainless steel lined opening in the bladder cover. The corrugated hose then slides over the end of the elbo and is tye-wrapped in place.

On a separate note, Capt. Gene I have a Ranger that has the Velcro Integrated Weight pockets (not the rip cord version). I think I bought it in early - Mid 90's? What is the development time-line on these models?

I think the Zip Touch was sold intermitantly as demanded and as a lower cost model to the Ripcord, in several Zeagle models.
I never marketed them as I have always been a cheerleader for the Ripcord systems safe design.
Scott might know the years better, but the straight shoulders units came first, with the old style bladders,then the curved shoulder units with the old style elbo, then onto the current design.

On a separate note, Capt. Gene I have a Ranger that has the Velcro Integrated Weight pockets (not the rip cord version). I think I bought it in early - Mid 90's? What is the development time-line on these models?

That's just a Ranger with a zip touch weight system. Up until the last couple of years we sold them. Not many, but they were an option. :)

Thanks,

Scott

How do I find out what the lift is on my early Ranger? I can't find any markings that indicate it.

Back
Top Bottom