What are your dive travel plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a newbie from CT-USA, I'm really looking forward to my first taste of salt water in the Carribean in December, and Tahiti in March. I figure, when my time's up, it's up, and I'd rather be having fun in the mean time.

Living in Hawaii has given me the ability to dive year 'round - and a definite plus is the ability to island hop on weekends for more diving variety. :D

Plan to be in New Zealand in March - hope to do a few dives there.

Otherwise, the main factor in upcoming dive travel is the amount of time (or lack thereof) that I'm allowed to be MIA at work. One of the local clubs here is having a dive trip to the Marshall Islands in June that I would love to go on - but I'm using all my vacation in March.

Thinking about proposing a birthday/holiday benefit. Don't think it'll go very far, though.

Spent a lot of time flying in and out of Europe and the Middle East. The new rules aren't anything new compared to what they have been doing over there for years.

I'll tell you what.... If I can land a job soon, I'd be more than happy to bop down to the Virgin Islands and spend chunk of my last severance check - Do you know of any decent liveaboards - Oh and I want some decent food too ! :D:D:D

Been on a plane at least 6 times since 9-11. Just found out about a business trip to St. Croix at the end of January. Can't wait!

Italy in June for my anniversary. Any diving on the Amalfi Coast?

I'm planning a trip to Belize or Palau this next April. I won't stop living because of what happened in Sep. If I do, they will have won.:boom:

Ontario Diver,
What a coinsidence! We happen to be a dive charter boat in the Virgin Islands. I'm sure we can provide great diving, excellent food, and plenty of BEER! Check us out on www.yachtopus.com Let me know what you think.

Jeff and I cancelled a trip to the Bahamas the week of Christmas as a result of 9-11 but not out of fear. I am in the Air Force Reserve as was on Alert until recently for possible mobilization. We didn't want to book a trip and then me not be able to go.

Thankfully the success of the current campaign has prevented mobilizing any additional units with my particular capabilities. So we have recently put a deposit down on a trip to Roatan the end of January.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Uncle Sam doesn't need me before then!

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

I went to Grand Bahama on 9/21 and to Cancun for Thanksgiving and am going to Colorado for Christmas. I don't mind the increased security and plan ahead for it.

My thinking is terrorist have too many other methods than to use airplanes again, especially with increase security. Plus it took along time for them to plan 911 so now would be the safest time to fly - or at least I think so.

I know that when I die I'm going to be in Heaven and I trust that God has that time determined regardless of my travel plans. If He decides that I need to die in a plane crash then thats o.k. with me. But until that time that He has determined I'M GONNA DIVE!!!

Todd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom