What are the Nicest Lodging Choices Set up for Convenient, Good Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Cantil has condo's for rent. Very nice accommodations and close to several eating places.

well, he kind of contradicts himself. first saying he wants an hi end place then says he says he doesn't need a big resort with a lot of amenities, so that is why we suggested BA & Scuba Club.

if you want "hi end", yes, El Presidente is the way to go... it's still the only 5 star resort on the island. Cozumel Palace is a 4 star resort, but again, neither seemed to be exactly what he was looking for.

Well, I could suggest a nice condo, quiet with a pool very close to the main plaza and walking distance lots of GOOD downtown restaurants, one block back from Melgar. Now obviously there is no 'on site' operator, but any of them are a short taxi ride away. And at least one pays for your taxi. Or you can rent a car and park it in the gated grounds right in front of your condo.

*cough*click-link-below*cough*

The wife and I prefer Cozumel Palace (AI) and we have used AquaSafari (onsite) before. The Palace is excellent and we had no issues with AquaSafari, however have heard since a recent change in ownership the quality of AquaSafari has went down. We're going to be there in 1 week (Cozumel Palace) and we'll be dropping in with Diving with Martin.

Secrets for high end, No children running around, and most dive shops pick-up at there Pier.

Check on/with Aldora & their villas-----the 2 suites are very nice, along with the Barracuda room & the top middle one(forget it's name)...........They pick you up on the dock there---about 30 feet from your room..:)

At Villa Aldora, the third-floor suite is the Falice Suite. Our favorite there. Two rooms, full kitchen, and a view. I think Aldora/Villa Aldora would be in the running. In the interest of full disclosure to the OP, it is about 1/2 mile from town and restaurants, but each room has at least a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. Several have full kitchens. The North Suite and Aldora Suite are really nice. 2 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, 2 balconies, full kitchens, and great views. Presidente is very nice, but food choices are limited and pricey. Taxi or drive into town isn't bad. Probably the best beach before you get to the far south resorts. Don't need to use the on-site op, as stated before. If you like AI and don't mind not getting into town, try the southern resorts. They have the only real beaches, but the reputations of the dive ops are dodgy and I've seen mixed reviews on food. We personally prefer being close to town. Frankly, Cozumel does not have a wide selection of high-end resorts. For years, the Presidente was really it and the others were pretty middle-of-the-road. The new Fiesta might provide another high-end option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wife and I had a great stay at Coz Palace this year. She is the spa type, late sleeper. I arranged dives with Aldorra. We had the afternoons together. Worked beautifully.

Thanks divingjd, couldn't come up with the name(& too lazy to go to their site & find it).......We've stayed in 5 of the 7(I think they have) before------with the Aldora Suite being our pick of the 5....Usually caught a cab for evening meals & not to bad a stay.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom