What are the 'must do dive sites'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tafflad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be in Payacar from 7th March .... for a week :)
The minimum diving I will be doing is
2 dives - local
2 dives - Cozumel
2 dives - Cenotes

Which are the absolute must do 'best' sites to do, given this is about 14,000 miles round trip to get there.

Welcome advice from those who dive Mex on a regular basis.

when i was diving in the cenotes i took a wet suit fins tank and bcd + first stage equipment
i have dived the sites many times oh !! i forgot i took a lamp. my wet suit was a 5 mm one. as i can stay underwater with one tank for more than 1 hour.the less equipment you have the easier it gets.
i think the name of my equipment was something like dive gear!!!!!!!!! capeeesh!!! who wants to know what the name is as long as your diving. just make sure it works. ok

when i was diving in the cenotes i took a wet suit fins tank and bcd + first stage equipment
i have dived the sites many times oh !! i forgot i took a lamp. my wet suit was a 5 mm one. as i can stay underwater with one tank for more than 1 hour.the less equipment you have the easier it gets.
i think the name of my equipment was something like dive gear!!!!!!!!! capeeesh!!! who wants to know what the name is as long as your diving. just make sure it works. ok

Im sure he was asking what are the best dives, not what gear he should take:confused:

you are right

Looks like you have a good plan, PM Jason (PlayaCountryBoy) and he can set you up!
I just got home from Playa a week ago and my diving mirrors what you are planning, I went with Jason and he took outstanding care of me and the other divers. My favorites were the Cenotes and the reefs in Playa, but conditions in Coz were less than ideal so it may not have been a fair comparison.
Here's my trip report:
Playa Del Carmen Trip Report

In Coz I really like Palancar anything (bricks, garden, etc).

Punta Sur is popular (The Devil's throat) and I enjoyed that dive a lot, but not because if the caves, rather the dozen or so spotted eagle rays we observed while doing our SS.

There is a lot of great diving in Coz, but if you are only there for a day, stick with the southern reefs. They were less damaged by the hurricane, and are very dramatic.

Enjoy the trip!

Cozumel:
Palancar Bricks
Santa Rosa Wall
Great overview link: Dive Paradise, Cozumel MX - Island Reefs

Cenotes:
Gran Cenote, Dos Ojos, or Kukulkan (all are about 90% similar...haloclines are cool)
Angelita (amazingly different...hydrogen sulfide layer; Google or YouTube search for pics)

Back
Top Bottom