What are the best shore dives in NYC or Long Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajay

Contributor
Reaction score
Im looking to do some shore dives in or around NYC. I've done only beach 8th st in the Rockaways. Does anybody know of any other shore dive sites that would be fun to dive.

Scubajay, you need to join this forum, Dive NY and send a PM to ScubaSam or Letterboy so they can get you in.

You can then post up and you will get quite a few offers from the regular people that do shore dives and it will also give you a chance to meet some new dive buddies. They are a very friendly group!

Capt. Dan Berg has a book called Long Island Shore Diver. Its full of locations. There are some interesting places in the book. The only two sites that I've dove from the book are the Bayville Barge and sub and the Manhattan Beach reef. I didn't do Manhattan beach from the beach, but it is possible to do so. I've also dove Beach 8. That was where I did some of my OW checkouts.

Depending on how far you want to go, the Ponquoge Bridge in Hampton Bays, The Culloden wreck site and the submarine base in Montauk, off Horton's light house. Dan Berg's book is good or you can just do a search for shore diving Long Island and sites will come up.

Capt. Dan Berg has a book called Long Island Shore Diver. Its full of locations. There are some interesting places in the book. The only two sites that I've dove from the book are the Bayville Barge and sub and the Manhattan Beach reef. I didn't do Manhattan beach from the beach, but it is possible to do so. I've also dove Beach 8. That was where I did some of my OW checkouts.

I also enjoyed David Rosenthal's book, Scuba Diving the Wrecks and Shores of Long Island. Nice easy reading, kind of like chatting it up with a friend about some dive sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom