What am I missing? LX10 vs. GoPro 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey @Scubanoobi, thx for posting that video - really nice! My favourite shot was the school around the 1.10 mark.
It looks like a great place to dive and it all looked nice and steady to me, but if you had the GH5 then you would have been able to do 4K at 50 or 60 fps and slow it down to make it even smoother. GH5 is way more expensive however, which takes us back to the OP's question, kind of. Generally speaking, more expensive cameras do produce better image quality than the cheaper ones.... but not necessarily better dive videos!
Matt

Actually I did some additional testing with all my 4K clips. I was able to do stabilization in post (iMovie) with really good results. There were about 5% of the clips that had some weird stabilization artifacts, those clips generally had so many fish that the program got confused.

I will be adding some 8” float arms as well which should help.

With the stabilization in post I’m very happy with the 4K.

Here is the video (for stabilization purposes only - not colour graded):

I also have an LX10. Previously I used an RX100 V that gave me a lot of problems. Finally I returned the RX100 and bought the LX10 (Thanks amazon).

I have been many years with action cam and has no point of comparison in image quality with a compact as the LX10, regarding stabilization, brightness, macro wins again the LX10. The white balance in LX10 is simply the best.

I only use it for video and I always record in 4k. I do not have the focus problem because I use the INON UWL-H100 lens. With this lens it is enough to fix the focus on the fins and everything will be focused.

Here you can see an example video using the INON

The first 7 seconds are 35 meters deep (115 feet) without filter, white balance is awesome. Keep in mind that the video has quality facebook

Great video, really smooth. Did you shoot this in AF-S ? Did you slow it down on any editing software? Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom