What all can I do in BONAIRE????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.......... would have been the best choice for a beach. Alot of people like Buddies, I'm sure you will like it. If you have'nt totally reserved yet, you might see if the Divi has a special, they often do.
As far as what you see, I nor my wife or anyone that I've dove with there has ever seen a shark. Once I saw a picture of one that someone said they took while diving on Bonaire, it was a nurse shark.
We see sea horses every time we go, but we always boat dive on Klien Bonaire and this is where we've seen them. The dive masters will point out those types of things if you ask.
You'll want a macro if you are doing photography, I think Bonaire is the macro capital.
It's fun to drive over to the otherside of the island for one afternoon and watch the wind surfers. Keep your eye out for the wild donkeys.
Half the trip is in the anticipation!
Caymaniac

Buddies has some 63 cf tanks that may be ideal for you. Your buddy can do 80's, you in 63's. That may keep you a little closer and cut the weight you have to carry as well. I would not worry about bottom time unless you like to go deep. We usually keep our max depth to around 35-40 ft so 75 to 90 min dives are our norm. You do have to take a boat over to Klien Bonaire, a trip well worth doing, but there is no need to buy boat dives unless you just want to boat dive.
The food and water are safe to eat and drink so there is no need to be extra careful like you would on some other places. There is almost any kind of food you may want. Great pizza at a little shop in twards town...the name is something like Bon Pasa. Lions dive rest next door is very good but a tad pricey. A local place that has good food and is fairly cheap is Gibi's, kind of hard to find but the food is worth it.

Drop by the tourist info center in town, they have a good restaurant guide written by a local and a very good street map, both are free.

For your laptop, the power is 50 hz 110V. Most new power supplies will handle it but you need to check to be sure. Check the label on the PS, it will usually indicate the acceptable ranges.

One other item to def take is HARD soled dive booties, the ones that have a sole like a tennis shoe. The shoreline is covered with coral rubble and iron stone which can be very hard on the feet. Bare feet or the sock type booties just don't cut it.

Might as well say this to. Bonaire is a safe place but there are some kids that will break into vehicles parked at dive sites. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING TO A DIVE SITE THAT HAS ANY VALUE UNLESS IT IS GOING IN WITH YOU. LEAVE THE WINDOWS OF THE VEHICLE ROLLED DOWN. They will not mess with tennnis shoes, towels and scuba tanks. If you lock up the vehicle it just beggs to be "opened" to see what is inside. I carry a few dollars and a credit card in a waterproof (yea right!) case. It does not hurt them to get wet and the shops are use to damp money. The island is small so you are really never that far from your hotel, you can always go back to if you need something.

Back
Top Bottom