What about Intova Cameras?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Paula, I have a friend who bought the intova camera c/w strobe. HE HATED IT. This year he sold it because he was so upset with it. I bought a large quantity of my gear from divers supply in tampa florida, (I live in Canada) so when the time came, my wife got me a sealife dc800 from them and had it shipped up. I absolutely love my camera! Recently I was in Roatan and a fellow diver was shooting with a cannon 10 mega pixal, sweet pics! Mine were almost as good but I bet that if I had the dc10 I would have blew him away. They also make a dc12 now.My pics were comparable to wetpups latter pics while my friends with the intova were close to wetpups first pic. I hope this helps, good luck and happy shooting!:wink:

JHayes75,
thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures and providing
a proof that with the right technique and knowledge a
"cheap" Intova camera can take very nice photos.

Chris

Nice photos :D And yes, the strobe is top of my purchase list right now. I understand that it should go a long way to helping reduce the grainy photos.

Take your underwater photos at 64 ISO. This alone will take allot of the grain out. The strobe helps by eliminating backscatter and puts more color in your photos. When using the strobe start by setting you EV to -1.0 and the strobe on power 1. I am headed back to Cozumel next week and I will try using different white balance settings. The last two pictures I posted were with the camera only, no strobe. I also had it on ISO 400. The rest were with the strobe ISO 64. Notice the grain difference.

hi Paula I use a Intova 10MP with intova strobe optically synced and it works really well if you can afford the extra dollars go for the bigger MP and strobe, you'll have play around with settings but can get good photos. have some in the gallery under shayne if you want to look at the quality.

hi i have owned an intova ic800 8mp camera and i like it for what it is.
its internal flsah is actually quite strong but to make the most out of it you really have to get a strobe. also try to stick to low iso's like iso100

i now use a panasonic zs3 but my personal opinion is for the price, the intova is a good deal as long as your not too finicky about your pics.

Hey Paula:
I have used the Intova IC5, IC10 and now IC12. The customer support has been top notch. I highly recommend them. I lost my wide angle lens holder for the IC10. They just sent me a new one (the holder not the lens). They are solidly built. I have more information on my website about the IC10 and some lessons on how to best use it. Check it out at scuba
I would recommend buying the IC12 right away. The little extra money is well spent on a great value.
Dr Mark

Jason- very impressed with the pics. Nice work.
Dr Mark

Back in October, I flooded my Intova. My thirst for the best looking photos and more control had me replace the Intova with the new Canon S95 with HD video. The Intova is still a great camera for the price and I would recommend anyone wanting to get into underwater photography to try one out.

Back
Top Bottom