What about Intova Cameras?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paula paz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all!

I'm about to buy a new Intova camera, but i have no reference about the manufacturer or the brand quality.
Also I'm wondering if there is a big difference between the ic600 and ic800 models

Could anyone give me some reference?? is good? bad? the best choise? or should i forget about it?:confused:

Thanks!!

Paula

I have the IC600 and for the price I am pretty happy with it. I have taken a picture with someone else's IC800 and the first thing I noticed is the display on the back was much larger. It is also the difference between a 6 mega-pixel camera and an 8 mega-pixel camera. Other than that they both felt very similar. I cannot speak to the image quality of the IC800 but for a 6MP camera I am satisfied with the IC600.

Thank you very much!!!! you was very helpful
I will share my experience when I get it

For basic snapshots I'm sure the cameras will do fine. I was about to suggest that go for the 800 if you can as the bigger screen and higher resolution will come in handy, but then I read the reviews on Amazon and it looks like the 600 is getting a more favorable response from its users.

But if you're going to want to get more creative in your photoraphy, then you'll eventually want something with greater manual control.

Saludos (tambien 'toy en Chile).

Last edited:
I'm about to buy a new Intova camera, but i have no reference about the manufacturer or the brand quality.

Could anyone give me some reference?? is good? bad? the best choice? or should i forget about it?

I share Paula's interest in learning more about Intova's cameras since I am thinking about buying their 8MP Sport 8 Digital Camera, which divers-supply.com is currently selling for $189.

You know, I was just over on Amazon.com and see that the Canon PowerShot, which is similar to the Intova 8MP Sport 8 Digital Camera, also has underwater housings, one of which is VERY reasonable. Two friends of mine really like their PowerShots. Something to consider!

Check this pictures made with the Intova 8MP and you may revise your opinion about Intova cameras.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/un...-really-good-picture-i-took-last-weekend.html
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/un...6850-looking-new-underwater-camera-ideas.html
Taking good photos require:
1. a good camera and strobe and the knowledge how to operate them
2. a good eye
3. photogenic "models" or ambients

Better cameras may take better pictures, better photographs will make better pictures.

Chris

I own the Sport 8 camera and the housing for it. I'm not especially happy with the image quality, either topside or underwater, but am prepared to give it another chance underwater based on some comments I received on this board from more experienced underwater photographers. I'll put the mediocre quality of my underwater shots down to inexperience, but the below average quality topside I put down to the camera. I've been shooting topside long enough :wink:

It's been suggested that I buy a strobe and I'm also looking to buy a wide angle and macro lens for it in a few weeks when I get back from a work trip. Will see how they go at improving the grainyness of the photos - which to be honest is the main issue I'm having. The shutter lag is a bit frustrating, but my understanding is that unless I buy a housing and other stuff for my SLR, then that's probably going to be a problem with nearly all P&S setups.

These are a couple of photos I took on a recent trip (just camera and housing - no strobe or additional lenses).

I have been happy with it. It's not the best camera, but for the price its great. Get the strobe.

Spingfest2010149.jpg

Spingfest2010176.jpg

cypressspring2010059.jpg

cypressspring2010020.jpg

Cozumel06182009026.jpg

Cozumel06152009053.jpg

Nice photos :D And yes, the strobe is top of my purchase list right now. I understand that it should go a long way to helping reduce the grainy photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom