What about cape cod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdexcalibur

Reaction score
I see many posts about cape ann, though I haven't had the pleasure of diving their yet, Anyone dive upper cape? or NewBedford area.

Also what's up with this club. I want in? Does everyone meet once in a while or just people that dive in the same area?

Cape Ann has a lot more shore diving sites; all close together, so it seems to be a bit more popular... plus the proximity is easier for a lot of people.

I've done quite a bit of diving down on the Cape, but it's all been boat diving in the bay, and out around Eastham/Wellfleet. Next summer we're planning a extending outselves some, out to some of the wrecks in around P-Town, and some of the wrecks out towards Barnstable.

As far as the N.E.L.D. goes, it's a club we formed here. I've added you to the roll call... but you stay as an associate member until you get to one of the events.

There's great diving on the Cape, but most of it requires your own boat (or better yet, tour dive buddy's boat). There are some excellent wrecks in the bay. Sometimes you can get charters to take you to them. These include the Pinthis, an intact coastal oil tanker in 100', and the Mars, an intact tug at 125'. You could check with Diver's Market in Plymouth to see if they know of a charter going out there. They used to. There is a particularly interesting wreck, the Port Hunter, an intact freighter in about 80' in Vineyard sound. I would have recommended you call Aquarius dive center in Wareham, but unfortunately, they just went out of business. There are very interesting wrecks off of Monomoy Is., which are some of my favorites, but I don't know of any charters going there. The shore diving on the Cape is OK, but the wrecks are much better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom