Whales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Great day out yesterday. No chocolate water, 0 current and lots of whales!
We could hear them singing so we knew they were around and suddenly on the way to the next dive site they were every where.
This is where you see the down side of digital. The lag time....the whale was just gone, gone, gone by the time it clicked. Hard to predict where they will be and when they will come up next.
Aloha,
Lisa

Nice pics!!! I really like the turtle one... I don't have a digital UW camera but I know what you mean about the shutter lag, its a PITA.

boney:
Nice pics!!! I really like the turtle one... I don't have a digital UW camera but I know what you mean about the shutter lag, its a PITA.
LOL, like that one (new for me...) I was thinking of bread when I first read it...took me a second :turtle:
Lisa

Looks like a good day! You, Gilligan and Tortuga are making me green!

Good shots justleesa. I heard the whales today and they were loud. I was hoping I would have an encounter but no such luck. My fingers are at the ready to switch off the strobe and over to manual WB for them. My biggest fear is one will snag my anchor line and drag my kayak back to California or where ever they go when they leave.

scuba_star:
Nice pictures.

I remember last March I was on Maui and could hear the whales singing on all my dives. We never got close enogh to get any pictures of them.

That means you have to come back again!

This will be my second whale season in Hawaii, but the first time that I got to see whales. I guess last year they heard I was on the boat and stayed away...lol
Aloha,
Lisa

Gilligan:
Good shots justleesa. I heard the whales today and they were loud. I was hoping I would have an encounter but no such luck. My fingers are at the ready to switch off the strobe and over to manual WB for them. My biggest fear is one will snag my anchor line and drag my kayak back to California or where ever they go when they leave.

LMBO!!! But what a way to go!!!

Dee:
Looks like a good day! You, Gilligan and Tortuga are making me green!
Turn blue and come diving with us :snorkel:

Back
Top Bottom