Whale Sharks Nov

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all. This is my 1st post so I hope i'm in the right place. I would like to know where to see whale sharks but i teach so i've got a very small window of travel- 20th oct-5 th nov. Where should I go? Thanks:huh:

A trip to the Maldives around the South Male atoll on a live-a-bord should get you to see a whale shark even if you just snorkel with it. If you have to stay on a resort, aim for White Sands down there. They had regular whale sharks passing in front of the resort at the beginning of November, 2004. A weekend trip to the Seven Skies near the Anambas Islands of Indonesia would give you a good chance to dive with them for less money. I'm sure places like the Seychelles might be great too. Good luck.

elsapelsadogsa:
I would like to know where to see whale sharks Where should I go? [END QUOTE]

Dear elsapelsadogsa,

It is VERY difficult (probably impossible) to predict exactly where and when whalesharks show up. Even if whalesharks are "roaming" the area you're diving at, it's still very possible that you miss seeing it under water.
One of the best places on earth to see whalesharks is "Ningaloo Reef" in Australia. The best time to visit "Ningaloo Reef" is between the end of March and late June. Scuba diving with the whalesharks is not an option though; you're only allowed to get in the water with mask,snorkel and fins.:D

Thanks folks. I'm just off to the Perhentians for 6 weeks to do my DM. All packed. No whale sharks there but did see 16 grey reefies snorkelling( me not them) last year. Will keep fingers crossed for my Nov whale sharks!!

elsapelsadogsa:
Hi all. This is my 1st post so I hope i'm in the right place. I would like to know where to see whale sharks but i teach so i've got a very small window of travel- 20th oct-5 th nov. Where should I go? Thanks:huh:

14 whale sharks in 1 hour - Donsol, Philippines.
They will be there.

z...

You can also add Ticao Island to the list (about an hour boat ride form Donsol) and you will have a good chance of diving with whale sharks and Mantas as well.

Donsol is a snorkel with whale sharks type place, but like I said, I swam with 14 in an hour. they were happy to keep going, but I was exhausted...

Z...

...and how is diving in Donsol and Ningaloo is the very small time frame El Sape mentioned???

Zippsy:
...and how is diving in Donsol and Ningaloo is the very small time frame El Sape mentioned???

Diving at TICAO (as I did mention) is actually very good. Lots of dive sites :)

And it'll be much cheaper than Ningaloo...

Z...

Back
Top Bottom