Whale Farts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pipedope once bubbled...
Having worked on a ship in Antarctica I have some experience around whales, especially humpbacks.

Whale breath is a smell that cannot be described, it must be experienced. There is only one thing that is worse than the breath of the whale, and it comes out the other end.

While doing a Krill study in a bay on the Antarctica peninsula we were visited by a pair of humpback whales. This pair were well known to the crew and were named Pete and Matilda after the ships captain and his girlfriend. The whales were swimming around the ship posing for photos and playing hide and seek where they make you try to guess which side of the ship they will surface on next.
Just as Pete surfaced amidships on the starboard side someone flushed the midships head (toilet) right in his face. He instantly done away from the ship and vanished. About 3 minutes later Pete came back to the same place and raising his tail high in the air, sprayed gallons and gallons of liquid poo all over the side of the ship.
More than on person lost their lunch right then.

We had to get out the firehose and wash down the ship to clean the mess.

Remember, never poop on someone with a bigger pooper than you.

LOL that's a good one! I kinda wish I had been there to see the looks on people's faces, but in reality, I really don't.

LOL!!!! Now that is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while!!!!

That should be published somewhere!!!

pipedope once bubbled...
Having worked on a ship in Antarctica I have some experience around whales, especially humpbacks.

Whale breath is a smell that cannot be described, it must be experienced. There is only one thing that is worse than the breath of the whale, and it comes out the other end.

While doing a Krill study in a bay on the Antarctica peninsula we were visited by a pair of humpback whales. This pair were well known to the crew and were named Pete and Matilda after the ships captain and his girlfriend. The whales were swimming around the ship posing for photos and playing hide and seek where they make you try to guess which side of the ship they will surface on next.
Just as Pete surfaced amidships on the starboard side someone flushed the midships head (toilet) right in his face. He instantly done away from the ship and vanished. About 3 minutes later Pete came back to the same place and raising his tail high in the air, sprayed gallons and gallons of liquid poo all over the side of the ship.
More than on person lost their lunch right then.

We had to get out the firehose and wash down the ship to clean the mess.

Remember, never poop on someone with a bigger pooper than you.

nwscubamom once bubbled...
Sounds potent!

I try to practice blowing those neat 'smoke' rings when underwater, and there's a certain technique to getting a nice round ring that will stay intact on its way to the surface....

..but it looks like this whale is a NATURAL at it!! Albeit from the OTHER end....:blush:

That's Pure Talent :D

"Fecal Plume" - It makes poo sound almost poetic. :D

The looks on the faces of the people were lovely, a very nice shade of green. :eek:ut:

I am digging through my stack of slides to find pics of Pete and Matilda to scan and post. They are a very cute couple.

My best buddy has a particular unhealthy interest in gas of any description, so I have sent her the weblink.

I bet she'll laugh for hours. Isn't it just fantastic the wealth of information available to us on the information highway.

I think I might set the picture as wallpaper on my desktop at work, may cause some interest and debate!!

:giggle:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom