Whale Breached Right Above Us in Maui!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys, It was truly amazing.

I've seen a few video of one that swims by for a few seconds or a minute and those encounters are extremely rare.

We were with this one for 12 min!!! That was mind bowing alone, then for it to breach right above us...I think you can make out what I said into my reg. :)

What camera and filter are you using?

It was a GoPro Hero+LCD and a Backscatter Flip 3 using the Deep Red Filter I believe.

I also had my lights on too, left them on from the wall we started the dive on, should of turned them off in the open water but forgot in the excitement. The lights really had a negative affect on the video causing purple corners, you can see it in my profile pic above my head. I had to try and fix it in post.

There is a separate video on my camera setup on my channel.

Thanks
Bill

That is awesome. That dive, "reefs end drift"?, was the most awesome dive I have done, terraces of reef and layers of fish descending into the deep. Any video of the parts before the whale? I can never describe how gorgeous it it, at least to me.

It was a GoPro Hero+LCD and a Backscatter Flip 3 using the Deep Red Filter I believe.

I also had my lights on too, left them on from the wall we started the dive on, should of turned them off in the open water but forgot in the excitement. The lights really had a negative affect on the video causing purple corners, you can see it in my profile pic above my head. I had to try and fix it in post.

There is a separate video on my camera setup on my channel.

Thanks
Bill
That from GoPro. Nice. What settings were you using?

That is awesome. That dive, "reefs end drift"?, was the most awesome dive I have done, terraces of reef and layers of fish descending into the deep. Any video of the parts before the whale? I can never describe how gorgeous it it, at least to me.
I do have some video of the first dive that I'm going to go through in a bit. I'll update this thread when I do.

Thanks for checking it out and commenting!

Bill

Back
Top Bottom