Wfie needs a good BC. Any Ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabrad

Registered
Reaction score
:confused:
My wife has just decided on geting here ow cert, and I was just trying to help her get an idea on what kind of bc she should look at, our LDS carries aqua lung and zegal, and I have a dacor and a parkway, she likes the ladys version of my dacor but no one around here carries it, what should i do?:confused:

My wife loves the Zeagle.

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago, looking for "my future" wifes' bc. Stone pointed you to my thread asking the same question. Well, I just posted a new thread on the results:

The thing "YOU" can do is do the research. Ultimately SHE will decide on what she wants, but if you do the research here and at the LDS , then when she does try on a few you could give her some thoughts and advice.

Here's what we decided this week. She tried on the following:

Zeagles" - concept, escape, ranger - she has wide shoulders so the straps all hit her in the wrong place which made it uncomfortable.

Scubapro - about the same thing, she tried the ladyhawk.

SEAQUEST DIVA LX - Fit like a glove. She liked everything about it, fit and comfort most of all.

We just purchased the SEAQUEST DIVA LX on Tuesday.

Good luck with your purchase.

Waterdogs.

My wife absolutely loves her Zeagle Zena. It's strong enough for a man..but made for a woman! :)

Seriously, she loves the way it fits(designed to fit a woman's body), it's very light, and the back inflate makes it extremely comfortable. Do a search here on the board to research it further and then have her go try one on.

I got into the plate making business because of fit issues when by wife Jeanne's BC finally bit the dust. She demanded a back inflate with "nothing up front", from 30 years of diving a Scubapro BCP "batwing" with a harness backpack. No "branded" system made what she wanted, so I got stuck with the job of doing a custom plate. It's proved to be somewhat popular with the online divers anyway so I'm still having them made. (Thanks guys!)

A wing, with plate and harness can be had for a price equal to or less than the "branded" BCs, and are even more comfortable for many ladies once she has the harness system dialed in. Doff and don in the water is a different set of skills with a plate than a jacket, but just as easy to master if the instructor has a clue. (Regretably many don't have one when it comes to wings! remember "different"="we don't sell it"="bad")

In any case the research into the wing/BP world will be an eye opener. Remember too that the "DIR" thing is only a SUGGESTION, not a rule. If she wants to modify the harness to suit HER body and dive profile, so be it. If she later wants to dive for WKPP in deep caves, she can re-rig then. Jeanne uses a right shoulder strap stainless steel buckle disconnect and an adjustable waist strap without a crotch strap to ease doff and don, cause that's what SHE wanted to do and it fit her body profile and dive style best.

FT

:bounce: My wife (Iamdoodling) got the Diva LX by Seaquest. It fits her like a glove. If your wife has big uh...pleasure pillows :D ...then this is definitely one to check out. It has some really smooth feeling stretch material in the front to hold those babies in place. It is also cut for a woman's figure. Also has plenty of D rings to hold all her stuff. Definitely worth a try on. My wife also likes it because it totally conforms to her body and holds her tank squarely in the middle of her back due to their really well made back plate system.

Cheers!

Scubamaniac

Back
Top Bottom