Wetwear ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronald L

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with " Wetwear " wetsuits out of Florida ?Thanks for any information----------------Ron

Ronald L:
Does anyone have experience with " Wetwear " wetsuits out of Florida ?Thanks for any information----------------Ron

I had them make me a fully custom 3mm suit out of the nitrogen injected rubitex (g231).. By far the best suit I have EVER owned.. It wasn't cheap (I could have bought a low end dry suit for what it cost) but it is worth every penny..

I do alot of very deep diving in warm water at times.. This suit has very low compression at depth, so you retain most of the insulating properties..

Ronald L:

No personal experience, but I know several people who do and swear by them.

I should also add.... Most typical wet suits only last me about 2 seasons before they have either fallen apart of have been compressed too much and now are much thinner than they started... I now have 3 seasons on my wetwear suit and other than my kneepad getting torn and a few areas with minor cosmetic imperfections (from a hard nylon garness rubbing against it), the suit is about the same as they day I started diving it..

All the newer materials although very confortable are too soft for heavy use...

Thanks for the information. Sounds like what I am looking for. Quality ...------Ron

Ronald L:
Thanks for the information. Sounds like what I am looking for. Quality ...------Ron

If I were you I would look in the Decostop archives before giving them your business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom