Wetsuit you love!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not a single case. After corresponding with Seaskin about it, their reply is simply that they can't make the shoulders less wide (if they reply at all).
Slender men would also have that problem then

On the topic of the Seaskin Drysuits, my wife had a suit that never quite it right, despite going to the factory to be measured. The CAD system they have has an overall design in, and then it adjusts the CAD cut panels to be assembled based on your body measurements. This net is based on a generic male and female base, and the further away you are from the base the bigger error in margins and the increased likelihood it won't fit. My wife is very hourglass, all boobs and bum, and her drysuit just never fit right in the shoulders and chest area, or around the hips. Men generally have a smaller range of proportional variations in the measurements, so do better than women with the variation from the base map. My suit was excellent while it lasted for example.
Doesn't help you with a wetsuit I'm afraid though, good luck.
Rich

I have a friend, Mia, who I first met when she was a DM on the Aqua Cat live aboard. She is also the designer & CEO of Truli Wetsuits. These wetsuits are designed for women and by women. It might be worth it to give them a look to see if they offer anything that would meet your needs.
Yes. If you have trouble getting a great fit, consider custom made. It WILL cost more, but in the end it is worth every penny.

Next issue would be finding a custom fit provider.

We have used 4 different providers over 30 years. The only ones that worked out best we got measured and then fitted on site. Worst experience was a mail order place.

Yes. If you have trouble getting a great fit, consider custom made. It WILL cost more, but in the end it is worth every penny.

Next issue would be finding a custom fit provider.

We have used 4 different providers over 30 years. The only ones that worked out best we got measured and then fitted on site. Worst experience was a mail order place.
Just so that nobody is misled, I do not believe that Truli Wetsuits are custom fitted, nor did I either claim or infer that they were. To be honest, I am not sure why my post was replied to as if I did say that they were. I believe, however, that they are designed with a woman's figure in mind and that they have a variety of sizes to fit a large number of shapes and sizes.

The women in my life have always leaned toward O'Neill, for the thinner suits (since they no longer make 7 mm) -- and, now, Bare, for diving in colder water.

Apparently, both manufacturers, according to them, have seen a woman before . . .

I tried on a handful of suits at my local shop and the Henderson was the best fit for me, and the Neosport by Henderson was second best. I think this is very individual. I had read great reviews of other wetsuits but once they were on, it was just clear they wouldn't work well for me.

Another wetsuit vote for Henderson. I absolutely love my 5mm.

Note mentioning I will be moving to a custom Bare drysuit as I do not want a 7mm. At my LDS the women highly recommend it, they use them at the springs and my next bucket list dive Silfra. I am prepping as wallet is going to cry.

I love the Mares Seal Skin. It's a 6mm suit with extra sealing of the seams. For me, it's as good (warm) as a 7mm suit. I have the male version, but there is a women-specific cut as well.
Apart from fit - as mentioned the most important thing in a wetsuit and very personal of course - the features I love are:
- the warmth at just 6mm
- the zips at the ankles for easy donning/doffing
- lack of zips at the wrists (I don't like zips under my wrist instruments)
- the little neck zip - I get overheated easily, on land mostly. Being able to open up the neck is great
- the option for a thigh pocket. For a few $ extra you can add (and remove) a pocket

my wife dives a 5 mil henderson. she has been doing some heavy duty hiking (appalachian trail, moab, zion ect and has leaned up. we are in the keys now for a few months and her suit is a little loose. we picked up a 1.5 mil suit and she wears that under the henderson. water temp here now is in the mid 70 ‘s. i use. 2.5 mil waterproof and wear a 1 mil under it. we both use 1 mil hoods. lots of jellyfish and man o war right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom