wetsuit underwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 13 mm core and get cold. I tried adding a 3.2 spring suit under it and it worked pretty good. I was definitely warmer. It is more bulky and you need to add about 5lbs. It was worth it to me. I'm going to be shopping for a dry suit later today.
I usually dive Monterey and water temp is typically 52.

TxHockeyGuy:
I wear them when playing hockey to stay cooler so I am sure they won't keep you any warmer,
What makes you say that? I'm a LEO and we DO wear it to stay warm on days and night shifts. It works very well at sub zero temps with a howling wind. Much better than the majority of thermals out there.

Gary D.

OK I must be weird. I tried a dry suit on today and hated it with a capitol H. I run hot and I would die between dives. I felt like I was being strangled. It was a total pain. I don't mind getting wet in a wet suit, that is part of the fun to me. What am I missing here? Is a dry suit not for everyone? Money is not the object, I just don't like the feeling of a dry suit.

uspap:
OK I must be weird. I tried a dry suit on today and hated it with a capitol H. I run hot and I would die between dives. I felt like I was being strangled. It was a total pain. I don't mind getting wet in a wet suit, that is part of the fun to me. What am I missing here? Is a dry suit not for everyone? Money is not the object, I just don't like the feeling of a dry suit.
If it doesn't fit properly they can be a pain and normally just get out of it between dives. Sometimes we are in them for several hours on the surface and roast like a holiday turkey but you learn tricks. One time try isn't fair for you or the suit.

Gary D.

Cherk O'Neill's website for their dive gear. They do have undergear for wetsuits including one lined with a fleece.

My sons surf (Jersey cold waters) and they use the rashguards with the lining.

Fourth Element Thermocline gear is designed to be worn under a wet suit and can be worn on its own in warmer waters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom