Wetsuit Thickness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have made about 15 dives most in Monterrey CA. I just got my Advanced and decided that it was time to stop renting. So, I went with the Pinnacle KodiaK. My rental kit was usually a 7mm with a hooded vest. This was always doable, but on the cool side. I have not received my suit yet, but one key is that the merino lining, when filled with water, will not compress at depth giving an "extra" 2mm off warmth. The suit is pricey, but with a 15% discount from my LDS, I got it out the door for $460. I cannot wait to get in the water with this suit.

That's actually not a bad price.
I have a friend that's all DIR 100% down in LA. He has been coming up here to ab dive (freedive only) and bought one of those Kodiak suits. He absolutely loves it and says he now likes it better than his dry suit for quick beach dives. A few weeks after we had that conversation he tells me he uses it now for almost all his diving because wetsuits he finds out are so much more trouble free and more convenient to deal with than drysuits. Then I find out he's been a closet solo diver and doesn't always use all the DIR compliant gear.
Oh oh, I see a crack starting to get bigger and bigger!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom