Wetsuit Styling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazy Fingers

Contributor
Reaction score
Am I the only one who notices that wetsuits aimed at the scuba community tend to lack style? I think the worst is that scubapro model with a giant-sized scubapro "S" imprinted onto the chest, complete with tacky turquoise trim color! *blech* Like some kind of dorky superman wetsuit that screams 1991!

On the other hand, the wetsuits aimed at the surfers and windsurfers look awesome. As a result, every wetsuit I own is geared towards those groups. (It's warm water here so I don't really need anything more than a 3/2). Some might say that it doesn't matter what your suit looks like when you're underwater, and that's true, but why not look good on the surface? It's not like it's that much more difficult to make a hot suit than an ugly one.

Plus there are always those hot girls on the beach when I do shore dives... :eyebrow:

i know what you mean! some brands like to cover their wetsuits with as many colours as possible. i would just like a plain black or chracoal one please! the nasty bright colours and logos distract when diving sometimes too!

Diving where I dive (Maine) I have to say that splashes of yellow, neon green, or pink do wonders in limited visibility.

My wife has an Atlan custom done in blue/pink/yellow that is a snap to keep track of. Color will be part of my criteria when I go for round 2.

Pete

spectrum:
Diving where I dive (Maine) I have to say that splashes of yellow, neon green, or pink do wonders in limited visibility.

My wife has an Atlan custom done in blue/pink/yellow that is a snap to keep track of. Color will be part of my criteria when I go for round 2.

Pete

Agree 100%.

Bought a new 3mm for my wife with lots more color then the old... Also got her yellow splits (when the majority of our diving is low-viz, I want to be able to see her...)

Besides... I just have a thing about her not looking like a Monteray Bay sea lion in open water...

Hi,

When I got certified in Europe a while back, the choice of wet suits was quite nice, especially styles.
I had a "Camaro" suit (local Austrian brand methinks) that had these groovy patterns, nicely coloured.
Now, many years (and pounds) later, I got an Aqualung AquaFlex suit; great material, love the fit, but man, how drab :sigh_2:

Crazy Fingers i have to agree with you on half the stuff you said.But not about ScubaPro. I have a Black 7mm ScubaPro Thermal Treck Steamer because i my self wanted a all Black suit.Now on the other hand i wanted a 2or3 mm shorty i got a Bare 2.2 shorty and it s Black, and yellow and dark sliver. I wanted a Scuba Pro i like there styles and colors but this was given to me as a gift.

I'll add that I can keep track of my wife with my perifferal vision through the clear SKIRT of my mask.

Cousteau was onto something besides "made for TV" when he ran the yellow stripes down the sides of the wet suits.

Pete

Crazy Fingers:
Am I the only one who notices that wetsuits aimed at the scuba community tend to lack style? I think the worst is that scubapro model with a giant-sized scubapro "S" imprinted onto the chest, complete with tacky turquoise trim color! *blech* Like some kind of dorky superman wetsuit that screams 1991!

Is this better?

OMS only makes it in men's sizes. But I do like the doubles. I think it would look good with my TDI cap. :wink:

yes, agree, poor styling. Cressi would be nice if they did not look like a billboard. Solomon that made the olympic swim team suits had a nice titanium metalic one I liked that was in GQ....

I heard they bought Suunto....

Some of the freediving suits are kinda Ninja...there are some nice cami patterns that use muted colors and a pixelated pattern.

Back
Top Bottom