Wetsuit for Playa/Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

re wearing lycra under wetsuit- there is a theory that says you lose heat that way. wet suits are meant to form a seal with the skin and prevent flow of water which has not heated to skin temp. diveskins interfer with that and allow cold water in.
ps cenotes are much colder than ocean. you will want your warmest suit there.

I've never heard of this but I am always open to learning new things. Can you provide the source of your info?

We dove Cancun and Cenotes last February, according to my trusty Suunto dive computer the ocean was 79 degrees F and the Cenotes were 75 degrees F.

For the Cenotes, I was in a full 5 mil and my son was in his 7 mil, both with hoods, I can tell you that I was chilly at the end of the second dive. For the Cenote dives you typically don't even leave the water for you surface interval you just float around, so including the SI you will spend about 2 hours in the water.

To me a 7/5 seems like a great choice, I would also bring hoods.

If your doing lots of diving you may like the 7/5 for the ocean too, my son was in his 7 mil (without hood) for the last two days of ocean diving.....he said his 3 mil ws just to cold.

Hope this helps.......M

sorry hemlon, i can't site a source. just something i have heard diveshop owners and fellow divers talk about over the yrs. does scuba mag answer questions?

Thanks for all the good info. My wife is gonna use her 7/5. I found a awesome deal on a 3/2 at Divers Supply so I'm gonna bring that.

holly cow!

I wear a 7/5 in Monterey CA with water temps in the high 50's. I could not imagine wearing one in the warm water.

In the Caribbean I usually just wear my rash guard. Cenotes are a little diffrent, but you can rent a suit there I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom