Wetsuit for Oman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S. starfish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going heading over to Muskat, Oman in August. Am I going to be ok in my 2mm shorty I use for teaching in the pool or am I going to freeze on the longer/deeper dives?

We dove Muskat last weekend, for the first and second dive I and most of the group used only short and T shirt and it was ok. next day for the third and fourth dive I put on a .5mm but didnt realy needed it, so I assume shorty will be more than enough. just my opinion. good luck and have fun.

I will not open new thread, this one is good for my question.
So, me and my wife are planning to visit Muscat this year last week in october. Can someone tell me the average temperature of the sea at october/november so i should know what kind of suit we will take with us, short 3mm or long 5mm???
Thanks for help

Thanx...any recommendation about diving locations around Muscat?? Probably will dive with Eurodivers, located at ShangriLa resort, because we had nice dives with Eurodivers on Maldives. I know must dives are Dimanyat islands and Fahal islands and some wreck 15 min sailling from Muscat, what else???
What about other activities around Muscat can you recommend to me??

kruz:
I will not open new thread, this one is good for my question.
So, me and my wife are planning to visit Muscat this year last week in october. Can someone tell me the average temperature of the sea at october/november so i should know what kind of suit we will take with us, short 3mm or long 5mm???
Thanks for help

Temperatures will be around 28-32 C and a 3mm shorty is more than enough. Due the risk of gelly fishes I would recommend a 0.5 full skin. These *******s can be quite stingy...:11:

thank you but i think we will take with us 5mm long suit,Emirates allow us 10k extra so it is not problem

Back
Top Bottom