Wetsuit for long limbs/short torso?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glbtrekker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm taking my OW class now and will be looking for my first wetsuit in the near future. I know that fit is key and will be trying and buying from a LDS if at all possible. However, before I start driving to a lot of different places, I was hoping to get some direction here.

I'm only 5'10", but have longer than average limbs, especially in the legs. My legs have a 34-35" inseam which translates into a shorter torso. I wore a rental suit for pool sessions the other night and while the suit was long enough, the torso section was too long and if pulled up further to fit better, the legs would have been too short.

My question is this, I know that all manufacturer's cut their wetsuits a little differently, are there certain companies that are known for producing wetsuits that fit those with long limbs/short torsos a little better than the other? Any to avoid?

Thanks I'm checking out the information now.

Are there any other companies that are known for being a little longer in the limbs without having to go the custom route?

Anybody else?

After custom suits, Farmer John style wetsuits might be your best bet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom