Wetsuit for bigmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evonder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
i am 6'2" and 350lbs. looking for a wesuit that would fit. my lds does not go that big and special orders seem very costly. I saw a site tommydsports and saw they have larger size suits. anyone have experience with that brand or any other sugestions.

thank you in advance

This is going to sound bad... Im sorry. Uhmm you can purchase neoprene by the yard. Im thinking 3 yards of material would be suffecient + some rope from your local homedepot. Now you can do it 3 ways, 1) make a kilt for your warm water dives or 2) wrap yourself up toga like for those cold water dives 3) straight superman it for fun... You can use the cape whenever you get cold, just wrap yourself up in it like a blanket.
Now I want to go buy some red neoprene by the yard...

Or you could go to Buy scuba gear, scuba diving and snorkeling equipment, and everything underwater from LeisurePro.com

Try these guys

http://www.liquidfit.com/

They can make a basic black suit for you. Just download their form and have a tailor perform the measurements for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll second liquid-fit, horizon, wetwear, atlan and several other custom suit makers you will see reference to here. The price will be on par with a quality off the rack suit. You must have a good suit that fits right or you will be cold and uncomfortable blowing your whole scuba investment. More here.

Pete

If you can buy something off-the-shelf it would likely save you money. I am a bigger guy as well and I was able to buy an Akona off-the-shelf suit. They carry a 5XL suit in different thicknesses that would likely fit you. Also, those suits tend to be pretty stretchy. The size chart has a row for weight that indicates it fits someone up to 300lbs but that is misleading. What really matters is chest, waist and height. Take a measure of your chest and waist and compare it to the size chart.

Welcome to AKONA Adventure Gear!

You can likely order the suit you need online or through your LDS. For example, if you were looking for a 3MM suit you can find it at LeisurePro.

Akona Quantum Stretch Mens 3MM Jumpsuit

You can order one and try it on and if it doesn't fit return it for a refund.

Return Policy | LeisurePro.com

If you custom order through an LDS they often won't accept a return since it is a custom order and the likelihood of them finding another customer to buy it is low.

Hope that doesn't sound bad since I'm not a native and sometimes mess up with meanings or the words ;-) What I do know is that BARE has the Elastek line I use myself which is indeed very flexible and they do have large suits.

I know that there's a company which makes tailor made wetsuits in Italy but I don't know the name of it at the moment. Surely you can find them on the net.

That's all the advice I can give.

Spectrum is right. +1 on a custom suit. Few folks are a standard stock size, though most make do or dive uncomfortable. Comfort in a wetsuit is about the fit. For me, no one makes a stock size jumbo shrimp. The custom suit will cost around the same as a high end suit from any of the quality famous name brand.

I have a Horizon suit (they are in SoCal), and a Wetwear. Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities I love love Wetwear's long arm and leg zips and the long diagonal backzip. Makes donning & doffing the suit very easy. And they are very durable, I have a friend whose Wetwear suit has close to 800 dives and still going strong. Wetwear sometimes gets overwhelmed with orders so be patient, do tell Connie I said hi.

Back
Top Bottom