Wetsuit for a Big Man

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dive shops in Korea are mostly down in Busan, which is a good 3 hours by train.

Even then, Koreans are rather small, There is 0 chance they would have a big size like that here. I wear a US size 2XL in shirts and to buy any clothing here I have to go to specialty Western shops.

Herb, do you mind me asking your measurements?

>There is 0 chance they would have a big size like that here.

That's right. My roommates from South Asia have to buy their cloths in the children department because even the European size S is too big for them.

I was actually just thinking, I've lost some weight in the 5 months I've lived in Korea...so I might not actually be a 52 anymore. I just tried on my 52 suit coat and was swimming in it, so at the end of the day, one of the more generous 3XL wetsuits may fit me.

I'm going to stop at the tailor next to my work tomorrow and get my actual measurements...something I probably should have done in the first place knowing how I've lost weight.

The dive shops in Korea are mostly down in Busan, which is a good 3 hours by train.

Even then, Koreans are rather small, There is 0 chance they would have a big size like that here. I wear a US size 2XL in shirts and to buy any clothing here I have to go to specialty Western shops.

Herb, do you mind me asking your measurements?

I am 51" chest and 48" waist. I am sure any online store that sells XS could order it even if they don't stock it. I had my local dive shop order mine before my trip to the Bahamas.

Big thanks to everyone who responded. I went with a 3mm Quantum Stretch fullsuit from Akona. Was able to snag the $200 suit on closeout from Leisurepro for only $99! The measurements seem like the 4XL should fit just fine.

I was going to recommend Akona. I have a big suit from them and it fits great. Good luck with the diving :)

Hey there

I am an instructor working down in Busan in Korea. As my students are all English speaking our dive centre has had to extend their stock to accomodate European and American sizes. When we have people that are over the standard sizes we get the suits modified easy enough, the other advantage for you is that we are in the same country.

However.... I do not know about 100 dollars, I guess it depends on what you are looking for, if its for warm waters then it could be possible.

If you still looking and wanna talk about it then drop me a line or check out the facebook site seaworldbusan@rocketmail.com

All the best

Drew

Back
Top Bottom