wetsuit fitting problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajtoady

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Am looking for some insight as my wetsuit size is a pain in the ''''''. My problem areas are my forearms and my ankles. My forearms for my size are larger than normal due to my activities and my ankles don't seem to bend like they used to. I wear a med wetsuit but getting my arms and feet in is a real chore. Removal when wet is even more fun.Is there any way to possibly stretch or modify the problem areas with out damaging the suit? :confused:

Try and put a plastic shopping bag on your feet when you put your wetsuit on, that works for me I slide fairly easy in, I’m also struggling to get the suit on without using a plastic bag even though I’m a skinny guy.

Am looking for some insight as my wetsuit size is a pain in the ''''''. My problem areas are my forearms and my ankles. My forearms for my size are larger than normal due to my activities and my ankles don't seem to bend like they used to. I wear a med wetsuit but getting my arms and feet in is a real chore. Removal when wet is even more fun.Is there any way to possibly stretch or modify the problem areas with out damaging the suit? :confused:

A Lycra undersuit helps donning n doffing, also wearing silk or satine pantie hose (sexiest boy on the boat!), but apart from getting a custom made suit, some custom makers are still reasonably priced, and some will mod your existing suit.
For a new suit of the rack- try out the Waterproof brand they seem to have more girth in the limbs then wetsuit makers like Cressi or Beuchats- also having zippered splits in wrists ankles and neck areas is a great improvement also.

Thanks for the info I'll try them out. I like the pantyhose idea, I won't have those tell tale panty lines showing thru my wetsuit!

Or, you could get a custom wetsuit.

Or an entourage to drive the truck and lug any other unnecessary accoutrements

Chris at Terrapin wetsuits can put zippers in the arms and legs. My wetsuit had short zippers in the legs. I had them replaced with 10" zippers and 6" zippers put in the arms.

Wetsuit Repair | Wetsuits Women | Men | Kids | Wet Suits

Chris at Terrapin wetsuits can put zippers in the arms and legs.

Chris at Terrapin is awesome!! I just ordered a couple of custom hoods from them and they are absolutely awesome and great quality!

Back
Top Bottom