Wetsuit Dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterDevil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I am based Singapore and I will be doing a lot/most of my diving in the South East Asia region, waters off Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines etc. I am planning to dive in Bali around September. So here’s where I need a some advise:

1. I am planning on getting my own wetsuit instead of those dingy rental suits, do I get a 3mm or 5mm suit to start off?
2. Can I dive with a long sleeve rash guard or lycra top?
3. Besides fit & comfort (which I know I have to try to feel and its an important factor), which would you recommend? Scubapro’s line of wetsuits is rather appealing.
4. I don’t think I need all the bell’s and whistles unless you think otherwise.

I’m basing my decision on how often am I doing a certain kind of dive i.e tropical dive so if I ever need to do other kind of dives, I will probably get the necessary gear then.

I would appreciate any advise here because these stuff is expensive and I want to get the best bang out of my buck.

I’ve just gotten certified and I have all my basic stuff, hence getting my gears is part of all the diving excitement for me.

Thanks in advance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom