Wet wetsuits and travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditto to bringing some garbage bags. Priceless. Yes, my luggage has a red marker saying "CAUTION - dirty laundry inside". Shampoo at home. If luggage weight is a problem (when diving, my middle name is 'within an ounce of the baggage allowance'), I have used rental equipment the last day, to make sure my BC and suit was dry to fly.

One caution on your flight, low altitude could also mean small, simple plane, non-pressurized cabin. So you'd experience the same low pressures than in a commercial flight at much greater height. Heck, here in BC people get bent regularly coming back from the coast over the mountain passes. You may want to skip the last dive, make it nitrox, make it EXTREMELY short or shallow. It would be SO not worth it getting bent. Never mind the danger, the HASSLE alone, and the cost!

Ditto to bringing some garbage bags. Priceless. Yes, my luggage has a red marker saying "CAUTION - dirty laundry inside". Shampoo at home. If luggage weight is a problem (when diving, my middle name is 'within an ounce of the baggage allowance'), I have used rental equipment the last day, to make sure my BC and suit was dry to fly.

One caution on your flight, low altitude could also mean small, simple plane, non-pressurized cabin. So you'd experience the same low pressures than in a commercial flight at much greater height. Heck, here in BC people get bent regularly coming back from the coast over the mountain passes. You may want to skip the last dive, make it nitrox, make it EXTREMELY short or shallow. It would be SO not worth it getting bent. Never mind the danger, the HASSLE alone, and the cost!

That's wise advice, and solves two problems: drying the gear and getting rid of nitrogen from your body. Just take the last day off diving.

Adam

or at least the last afternoon. A sunny afternoon goes a long way to getting gear dry too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom