wet suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:confused:Has anyone tried Tommy Sports wet suits? The prices seem to good to be true!

You know what they say about that.

This is not what a quality wetsuit looks and fits like (no idea what size you're looking for just love this 7mm pic)

tommyd_pic.jpg

Hey CT: Thanks for removing the scales from my eyes-Yes, I don't think I've seen a more ill-fitting wet suit in my experience!! He'll be really cold, won't He? :depressed:

Guy on our boat was diving one in Tobermory a month ago. Said it was not a good purchase (quality and performance)......

How a wetsuit fits a guy that models all kinds of suits and sizes doesnt really tell you anything...at least in my opinion.
The guy would model for different kinds of suits, but not different sizes of the same suit. Why would they make him wear a suit that's not designed to fit?

How a wetsuit fits a guy that models all kinds of suits and sizes doesnt really tell you anything...at least in my opinion.

It tells me the company doesn't care much about portraying their products under the best conditions possible. Granted that picture is the worst offender (and, IMHO, a bit hilarious) but there's plenty of other examples of terrible fitting suits on display as well. they do offer a 1st and 2nd stage reg set for 123.00. At that price you can't lose right?

They appear to have one or two guys and one or two women that model everything. Needless to say they are not all sizes possible. So, they dont spend a fortune on models and pass the savings along. They dont taylor suits to fit....you buy them off the rack, so who cares if they put the right size on a model as long as the suit you get fits and keeps you warm? IF they were selling custom fit suits it would be a whole different story. Unless you have bought and used one of their suits, you probably are not in any better position than I (I haven't tried one of their suits either) to answer the OP's question. If you HAVE tried one of their suits, perhaps you could comment on the suit you got and not just take pot shots at their advertising.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom