Wet suits and dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm something of an air hog at this point! :wink:

By "rickety pallet," I assume you mean the platform? Didn't seem rickety to me! At least the buoys were both back in place (one was missing recently), which made the PVC bars every 15 feet list sideways like they were drunken, or so I'm told. We did our safety stop on the bar under the south dock (there's one under the west dock, too), as we went on a tour of the wall after we came up out of the hole. I'm glad the black sulfur layer at 60ft, which turned the hole into a dark as night pit, wasn't there. Viz was about 10ft, but the sun was out so we had some light.
..... Black Sulfur Layer... your not exactly selling me on trying this place! Does it have a resident " Swamp Thing?"

..... Black Sulfur Layer... your not exactly selling me on trying this place! Does it have a resident " Swamp Thing?"

It's a groundwater fed former limestone rock quarry. At certain times of the year, there's a black sulfur layer that takes up residence in "deep hole." The deepest the deep side goes is about 50ft, aside from Deep Hole which is about 80ft. No swamp thing, as far as I know. Unless the paddlefish/spoon bills would count as "monsters."

Home

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom