Wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Folks,
I can't find the appropriate section to post this question. Sorry.
Trying to get a nice 3mm wet suit for my better half and smth "OK" for myself.

Any recommendations please?

thank you

Charlie99 once bubbled...
so the best way to get a good wetsuit is to take your better half to the local dive shop.

yeah, but i'm more concern about brand and what should i look for - material/brand etc....

I'm a fan of the Scuba Max line; we've been using their wetsuits for commercial harvesting for the past 3 years & they're holding up remarkably well.
They even have some of the "fancy stuff" like metallic smooth skin linings & super stretch material. Makes 'em very comfy & you get a better fit.
Expect to shell out almost half the $$ of a brand name suit for an equivalent model.

If you[re looking for a suit for your gal, may I suggest a custom wetsuit from www.liquidfit.com Reason being, these suits are designed to actually fit a woman;s body. I'm a tad bit top heavy and just could not find anything that would fit. The colors are beautiful and the service is the very best. I know they have a wide variety of materials, but I chose the superstretch material. Absolutely love it.

Good luck shopping
SWT

Thank You Taffy.
This might be a good present for Xmas fo her.
For how long do you have this suit?

I've had the suit for almost 6 months, now. I[ve put a grand total of 85 dives on it and getting ready to add about 20+ more next week. Having a suit that fits properlly has dramatically increased my comfort level.

Hope you both have a wonderfully happy holidays.

SWT

You too :)

M_B,

I can agree with Saltwater Taffy on the comfort and ease of donning and doffing of a good custom suit. Liquid Fit made a suit for my son this past summer just before we dove in Lake Superior. I had him try every combination of wetsuit on at my local LDS with no success, and when I say every combination that is exacatly what I mean. Mens smalls, womens smalls farmer janes, farmer johns and in every combination. James is 13 and stands 5'6" and weighs a whopping 106 lbs. now, I almost went the Bare junior way as they were about the only group who came close to fitting him okay. When your diving in 40 degree water like we were you want to make sure your suit fits well. James could slip his suit on like a second skin while I struggled with my ScubaPro suit. Carolyn even installed zippers in the wrists and the ankles, this was a big help in getting the suit on and off.

I ordered and received the suit within a week of this trip, Carolyn was the best to work with. She stayed on the phone with my wife and myself during the measuring process and called to confirm the delivery details.

Next summer will be the real test though as my son has grown about 5 inches in the last couple of months and we will need to have the suit altered for this new growth. Carolyn has assured me that this is not a problem.

Mitten Diver

Back
Top Bottom