Wet suit sizing help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cherry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok I just finished buying a number of wetsuits for my 4 daughters and wife on ebay based on the company sizing charts and was I wrong. They are all in the 5'4' 110-120 lb range. A size 8 said the charts wronnnnng too small is this common or am I an idiot with 5 wet suits too small :(

Thanks

It all depends on the manufacturer of the wetsuit. It is best to go to an LDS and try on several different wetsuits to make sure you have the correct fit. However, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the posted weight ranges. Henderson says my suit is for someone around 170 lbs, and I'm 200 lbs and it fits great. I would however check your return policy with the individual you bought from on ebay. The suits might not fit right and a wetsuit that doesn't fit doesn't provide much exposure protection. Hope that helps.

Thomas

I'm in agreement with drizzt117 100%. I tried on many different wet suits before making a few purchases (whew was that a job! lol). The sizes definitely varied from manufacturer to manufacturer. Like in one brand I could wear an 8 and in another it was a 12 (1 mil)

to find out for sure, or at least that is what I have found, particularly with thicker neoprene. It's not just the height and weight, it's also the distribution of it. It can be very frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom