Wet Macro Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well all went very well on a trip to Bali just finished. The EM1 mk2 is great and the Inon +6 was perfect for most of the stuff I saw. The sea was almost glassed out one day and at it's worst was about 600mm (2ft).

This shot had me wondering for a while. Thought it was a sweetlip but had never seen this polka dot before.

Attachments

• P5301068.jpg
    P5301068.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 12
This shot had me wondering for a while. Thought it was a sweetlip but had never seen this polka dot before.
It's a juvenile, they change when growing to adulthood like many other species.

It's a juvenile, they change when growing to adulthood like many other species.
Yes, I know that but which Sweetlip juvenile is it? Assuming it is a sweetlip, I have several shots of sweetlip juveniles but this is a first for me.

Yes, I know that but which Sweetlip juvenile is it
No idea without looking through my books.

Seen them around Tulamben as well as Sulawesi

Well all went very well on a trip to Bali just finished. The EM1 mk2 is great and the Inon +6 was perfect for most of the stuff I saw. The sea was almost glassed out one day and at it's worst was about 600mm (2ft).

It is a juvenile barramundi, not a sweetlips.

It is a juvenile barramundi, not a sweetlips.
Thanks a lot, the boy who was my guide thought it was a sweetlip. Great trip with this as an extra bonus.
Must be a pretty young one as the google pics I looked at have a more developed dorsal fin.

Thanks a lot, the boy who was my guide thought it was a sweetlip. Great trip with this as an extra bonus.
Must be a pretty young one as the google pics I looked at have a more developed dorsal fin.
There are some other similar looking juveniles, like a Panther Grouper, but you are much mkore likely to have ssen a Barramundi juv becasue they indeed swim like a juv Sweetlips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom