Wet lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod, thank you for your note. We do have the Fix S90 housings and wide angle lenses in stock as well.

Fishsye Fix S90 Housing

...Question: I was about to buy the Ikelite housing to go with my S90 (that I'm currently waiting on), but I like the wet lense mount and what it can do. ...

I suggest that you get used to your new camera set-up before you add the additional lens. I made the mistake of trying to go whole-hog with new gear and got poor results from my first several days of photos. When I backed off to the basics, and started building from there, the results were much more satisfactory.

Until a lot of the other operations become second nature the complications added by my BigEye lens required attention than I could give. Just little things such as: - the lens is easily knocked askew as it is only held on by two small cords; - air bubbles adhere to the housing and lens surfaces; and this particular lens is for use in macro mode only.

I suggest that you get used to your new camera set-up before you add the additional lens.

Exactly my thinking, HDIGIT. I'm a planner so I was just thinking ahead. My goal is to get comfortable with the camera on land. Then when dive season comes to the Lowcountry, here in Charleston, I will migrate to the housing. The price differential between the Ikelite and FIX housings may make me hold off on the FIX housing and wet lenses until next season. I'm all about baby steps and doing it right. :)

Someone just showed me their ikelite S90 housing. It had 67mm threads for a wet lens. Likewise the Ikelite website says, "Ikelite W20 and other 67mm threaded lenses attach directly to port."

Someone just showed me their ikelite S90 housing. It had 67mm threads for a wet lens. Likewise the Ikelite website says, "Ikelite W20 and other 67mm threaded lenses attach directly to port."

very cool! that's encouraging to me. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom