Wet lens adaptor for G9 WP21 Canon case...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AirInHere

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I found this site recently from a link left in another thread. I did not want to hijack that thread, but have been dying to find something like this and I have a few questions.

"豐英水ä¸*撮影機材 FUN-IN Underwater Photo Equipment"

dc21adapter.jpg

I am seriously looking at buying this system for using wet lenses with my camera housing. I am also looking at buying the:
UNCU-02 67mm Macro lens and a DCL-20 67DR wide angle lens.

First off, does anyone have any experience with any of this equipment or with the website I have linked to?

Second, and a little more esoteric.....
I am under the impresion that the threading on and off of the 67mm lenses is a royal pain while underwater wearing thick gloves. I am considering how difficult it would be to remove the whole lens adaptor instead? I could just buy an adaptor for each of the lenses. Is this a practical solution? Any other suggestions?

While we are at it, anyone got a good suggestion for mounting a UK light cannon to your camera rig to minimize backscatter while filming and taking pictures?

I use the G9 with canon housing.
I have to say the macro ability WITHOUT the wet lens attachment is VERY good.

I personnally would not bother with the additional attachments.

I have 2 stacked Inon UCL wet lens for my S80. I would rather take my G9 without attachements than my S80 with 1 or 2 stacked lens.

I have an Inon D2000 strobe and Inon base plate. As Inon have not made a fitting for the G9 i have had to use my old S70 fitting to mount the G9 to the Inon base plate (Does this make sense to anyone!!). unfortunately the fitting is not exact and the housing moves slightly on my base plate /arm system. (i.e when i try to chaneg settings by pushing the housing button , the housing will move slightly)

I use the G9 with canon housing.
I have to say the macro ability WITHOUT the wet lens attachment is VERY good.

I personnally would not bother with the additional attachments.

I have 2 stacked Inon UCL wet lens for my S80. I would rather take my G9 without attachements than my S80 with 1 or 2 stacked lens.

I have an Inon D2000 strobe and Inon base plate. As Inon have not made a fitting for the G9 i have had to use my old S70 fitting to mount the G9 to the Inon base plate (Does this make sense to anyone!!). unfortunately the fitting is not exact and the housing moves slightly on my base plate /arm system. (i.e when i try to chaneg settings by pushing the housing button , the housing will move slightly)

I don't disagree that the G9 when set on macro mode is good, but it still keeps you approximately 19 inches away from your subject on full zoom, which is why I went with the Patima Housing, so I could stack Inon 165M67 Close-up Lenses on it. That option allows me to get within a few inches of my subject when in full zoom, and ensure that I minimize the number of scatter causing particles within my picture.

I understand that the Patima housing may be more expensive than many might want to spend on a housing, but personally, I wouldn't be satisfied with the G9 alone, withiout the use of properly fitting close-up and wide angle lenses.

Okay, the concept of stacking close up lenses is new to me. I assume there are threads on each side of the lens, and you just twist them together...? What type of effect do you get this way? is there somewhere to do some independent reading to edumacate myself about this method?

Okay, the concept of stacking close up lenses is new to me. I assume there are threads on each side of the lens, and you just twist them together...? What type of effect do you get this way? is there somewhere to do some independent reading to edumacate myself about this method?

Yes, the UCL-165M67 Close-Up Lenses Inon makes have threads on both sides, so you can stack more than one. Here's the lense I use/stack.

INON America - Product Catalog

However, you would only stack them if you were really trying to focus in on very small objects, like tiny blennies. When combined with a camera with a powerful lens to begin with, it will allow you to zoom in and really shorten the distance between the camera and the subject considerably, however, shorting the distance comes at the expense of loss of depth of field, which will end up being a very tight range.

I don't know anywhere that discusses this approach. I found out about it when I was reviewing some of the winners in the monthly Inon photo contest online and reading about the equipment they used, then I went to my local underwater photography store and asked them about it.

I've posted this picture before, but here's a picture I took last Saturday with my G9 and two stacked Inon close-up lenses. It's one of the tiny cups that make up Orange Cup Coral, and I would guess that it's the diameter of a dime, or smaller.

Mercedes_-_Tracy_06-28-2008_045a-Resized.jpg

i already have the lens adaptor from fun-in and have used it a couple of times already.
the adaptor works great when used with inon macro lense... wide angle lense is no good since you need to zoom in a lot to remove the vignetting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom