Wet close up lenses for XZ-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralcruiser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a subsee +10 right now for my super macro work.

I'm looking at adding another wet lens with less magnification and would like feedback from anyone that has used the following:

Dryon +7

Inon UCL-165 M67mm

Inon UCL-330

Oly 2X macro.

I'm trying to decide if I should get one of the above or just get the subsee +5. Obviously, the ones above are lighter and less bulky and give me the ability to stack lenses later on when I go to a different camera (probably by the summer).

Have read the review done by deepsea but would love feedback from anyone here that has used any of these as well

thanks!

have only used the inon ucl165 and it works great.

I've owned and used the Inon, Olympus and Reefnet, if you already own the Reefnet (Subsee) then I can't understand why you wouldn't buy the +5 from them as well? They are beautiful, well made pieces of equipment. Why stack lenses when you have the two Reefnets? I believe that stacking all those wetlenses adds too much glass to the front and therefore too much glass for the lens to see through and can contribute to hunting? IMHO.
Bruce

I've owned and used the Inon, Olympus and Reefnet, if you already own the Reefnet (Subsee) then I can't understand why you wouldn't buy the +5 from them as well? They are beautiful, well made pieces of equipment. Why stack lenses when you have the two Reefnets? I believe that stacking all those wetlenses adds too much glass to the front and therefore too much glass for the lens to see through and can contribute to hunting? IMHO.
Bruce

I'm looking at the other lenses for when I want less magnification and don't intend to stack them. Will probably get the +5 since I do have an adaptor (although it's just for a single magnifier) but did want to check out all my options.

Back
Top Bottom