Western Caribbean Cruise May15 - May 21, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
I will be taking a Western Caribbean Cruise next summer in mid May with Carnival Cruise lines. The trip will include Progreso, Yucatan, Mexico, Cozumel, Mexico and Belize. The cruise line offers diving excursions for Cozumel and Belize. I am in contact with Dive Paradise in Cozumel about there morning dives, they are much cheaper than the cruise line. I can't find much on Belize though, or anything on Progreso. We will be in port 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Cozumel and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Belize.

I have three concerns.
1. I'd like to get as much diving in as possible for as little
as possible $$$
2. I won't have a dive buddy.
3. I don't want to miss my boat.

Should I just use the cruise excursions or could I make my own arangements safely.

I did a similar cruise with Carnival May 2004. I would recommend using the cruise operator in Belize. They will pick you up at the ship and then drop you back off. The op Carnival used was Hugh Parkey and they did a great job. We had about an hour ride out to Turneffe Atoll. Trying to set up your own dive would not be impossible, but you would have to fit a tight schedule. Also, those passengers with cruise booked shore excursions get priority for the tenders into Belize. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom