West Papua advice, any dive shops or operators in Biak Sorong or Jayapura?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PNG INDO

New
Reaction score
Hi

My wife and I are planning a trip to West Papua in a few weeks, and I am trying to find a dive shop in either Jayapura, Biak or Sorong. I live in PNG, and am travelling to Medan, then to my wife's home in Aceh with her sister and our baby. I know it is a long way, and this is a very quick visit to West Papua but we usually fly via KL or Singapore, but we really want to see West Papua.

We want to spend 5-7 days in West Papua, and do not want to stay at a dive resort or live-aboard, as my wife does not dive, and we need to minimize travel, unless the dive resort is close to the airport or main town. All the ones that I found looked great, but too far from the airport, and needed minimum 7 day stays at prices that only make sense for divers. So I am looking for a dive operator somewhere in Papua that I can do a few days of diving with, as my family stays at a hotel, and does other activities during the day.

If you have any suggestions, we would be very grateful.

Thank you very much,

Jock

The only help on the West Papua section of your trip I can give is this web site RAJA AMPAT
It has the dive operations in that part of the world. As you say none are in Sorong itself.

If you are in Aceh why not take the family up to Pulau Weh. The diving is supa cheap and very good and the acocmodation is also pretty cheap. We stayed at Casa Nemo casa nemo
and loved it there, and its a great place for the family to relax or go into town while you go diving.

I would look at the Kri or Sorido resort around 2 hours out of Sorong by boat....Do not know if I would dive around Sorong...waters are pretty brown around there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom